Data Rights Protocol for Businesses
Automating the incoming surge of data rights requests
Does any of this describe your team?
- You feel a little overwhelmed by CCPA/CPRA requests
- You want to get ahead of automated request tools
- You want to do right by consumers
- You believe in respecting privacy rights and regulations
- You're a leader in the privacy space among your peers
- You want to get your time back
The Data Rights Protocol (DRP) is a free and open source standard solution that can help you manage this challenge. The Covered Business Roundtable is the consortium's group dedicated to the interests and needs of businesses receiving data rights requests.
Already convinced? Sign up here.
If not, give us a few more paragraphs to explain.
Data rights requests will only growAs consumer interest grows and new legislation passes, the number of data rights requests will only grow. Services have already been built that enable consumers to exercise their rights at scale, sending hundreds of requests. We believe that the use of authorized agents and automated tools will become the main source of data rights requests in the near future. The tidal wave is on the horizon. That's why the Data Rights Protocol focuses on defining a standard for sending and processing requests from third parties and authorized agents.
A standard will benefit your business
An industry standard helps businesses stay in compliance with regulations like the CCPA while providing a faster, cheaper, and better method of processing these requests. Relieve some of the burden of verifying requests and fighting fraud by joining a consortium of trusted businesses and authorized agents,
Join the Covered Business Roundtable
We have set up a Covered Business Group your company can join to stay abreast of the DRP, have influence on future development of the DRP, and be the first to be able to test and deploy DRP as a solution to the challenge of processing Authorized Agent requests.
Sign up here or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you're on the technical, legal, business, or operations side of things, there's a place for you. There are opportunities to be involved at any level:
- Stay informed: receive periodic updates
- Give feedback: ensure the standard works for your team's needs
- Share your expertise: as teams fielding requests, you know more than anyone else about the realities of data rights requests
- Learn from peers: Hear about the challenges and methods peer companies are using and avoid reinventing the wheel
- Enjoy recognition: Contributing companies will be highlighted as privacy pioneers on DRP sites and materials
🗓️Save the date! December 8 is the first Roundtable🎇
On December 8, we'll be convening the first Covered Business Roundtable. The Data Rights Protocol consortium has been meeting since October 2021, but this will be the first event dedicated to the needs and interests of businesses that field data rights requests.
Covered Business Roundtable: Identity Verification
Thursday, December 8, 2022
1-2p ET / 10-11a PT, Online
Under Chatham House rules, we'll discuss the challenges and wins businesses have faced with data rights requests, with a special focus on identity verification. This is an invite-only event, so please reach out if you're interested in receiving an invitation.